Saturday, October 11, 2008

F...aaaaaahhhhhh.....ll Break

Aaahhhhh.......that is the big sigh of relief and release I am letting out now that I am officially on fall break. Two weeks of no early morning meetings or rushing to daycare or packing a lunch or wishing I had more time in the day to wear all the hats I sport in a day.

This week Mark is still working, so I have the gift of time to catch up on life and feel like I am on top of it (or at least sort of keeping up). I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have to get everything done in a day. Today we focused on a few key errands and rotating toys from upstairs and downstairs. Already Carter is more interested in the play area with toys that have not been enjoyed for a few months.

Today was cold and rainy, so much so that I finally broke down and turned on the heat for the season. It wasn't exactly the beautiful crisp, fall day that I was hoping for to begin fall break, I decided to make the best of it, so I rented a movie and even got to watch it.

I'd like to make it to the zoo one day this week and check some more things off my to-do list, but I'm trying to stay open so that, even with two kids in tow, I can still feel a bit spontaneous and see what I'm in the mood for as the days come. This fall break is all about attitude, and so far I've gotten off on the right foot.

The second week of fall break Mark is off too, so those days will have a totally different rhythm to them. We've got plans for many of the days already, including a few days away with the family, a trip I got for my birthday and am very excited about.

Oh, and for those of you who were involved in the daily drama of daycare the past few weeks, we have left the last "new" person due to all sorts of fishy things, but mainly just a bad gut feeling. And we've already found someone new! We did one day with her last week that went great, so that's a huge load off my mind that will help me enjoy these next two weeks that much more.

Right now I'm drinking a glass of wine on the couch while both boys sleep soundly. Cheers to this much-needed time off.

No comments: